Optometric Vision Therapy Is More Than Eye Exercises
Optometric Vision Therapy is:
- A progressive program of vision procedures
- Performed under doctor supervision
- Individualized to fit the visual needs of each patient
- Generally conducted in-office, in once or twice weekly sessions of 30 minutes to an hour
- Occasionally supplemented with procedures done at home between office visits
- Supported by ongoing evidence-based scientific research
Optometric Vision Therapy is not:
- Used to strengthen eye muscles
- A self-directed program of eye exercises
Vision Therapy at Auburn Family Optometry is directed by Dr. Odineal. She uses many types of specialized equipment in her Vision Therapy programs.
You can watch a video by Web MD to get a quick look at what Vision Therapy is by clicking HERE.
Before vision therapy can begin the person must have a comprehensive eye health evaluation completed within the past year. You can schedule an appointment with any of our primary care doctors today by CLICKING HERE.